Hello Readers!! I am happy to announce that I have officially graduated from The Institute for the Psychology of Eating and am a certified Eating Psychology Coach!! With the training from the institute under my belt and as I look forward into the future of my practice, I want to give everyone reading this a clear message of what I am all about as a practitioner, what my mission is, my vision for my practice, what my core thoughts and beliefs are, and what services I provide.
My Mission Statement
I help people understand how their relationship with food is a direct reflection to their relationship with life. To empower and enrich a deeper understanding of oneself, and to elicit powerful changes in the mind, body, and spirit.
I have this overwhelming sense of urgency to get the word out that we have been brainwashed by so many different mediums when it comes to the way we view food and the body. We have been taught to hate it, abuse it, criticize it, starve it, over-work it, and pick it apart piece by piece. The vision I have for my clients, as well as myself, is to help uncover the many lies and toxic thoughts that have been ingrained in us from a very early age, to start to discover the meanings behind the symptoms and challenges we face on a daily basis, and to equip you with simple yet powerful tools and strategies that will transform the body from the inside out.
My Core Beliefs
- Where the mind goes the man follows
- The way we eat is a reflection of how we live and vice versa
- Embracing change creates transformation
- Self chosen stress has to go
- Change comes from being more not doing more
- Quality of food = Quality of life
Where The Mind Goes The Man Follows
- Wherever you allow your mind to wander is exactly where you will go
- If you want to be successful in any area of your life, you have got to change the way that you think about life first and foremost
- Before we "train" our body, we must train the mind first
The Way We Eat Is A Reflection Of How We Live And Vice Versa
- We can tell a lot about ourselves by the way we choose food, and the way we consume food.
- By looking into this avenue, we can identify root problems we have with food and with self.
- Example: If I eat every meal as fast as I can, 9 times out of 10 I am living life at a high speed.
Embracing Change Creates Transformation
- If you cannot embrace change in life, how do you think you're body is going to change shape or health?
- Change is the flow of life. You can see this clearly and evidently through each season. The world constantly changes, it has a rhythm to it and that rhythm is change.
- The way we eat should be constantly changing and evolving through life. If you are under the impression that you should eat the same way forever, you are not going to see the change you want in your body or in your health.
Self Chosen Stress Has To Go
- Because the stress response has such powerful effects on the body, it is of the upmost importance that we rid ourselves of self chosen stress.
- Example: self deprecating beliefs, negativity, an unforgiving attitude, stressful thoughts about the body, the need to be famous or noticed, using exercise as punishment, etc...
- Stress will always present itself but the more important thing is how you present yourself while under stress.
Change Comes From Being More Not Doing More
- Change occurs when we embody, meaning when we are in our bodies. Everyone embodies differently but we disembody by many of the same ways.
- Example: preoccupying our minds with other peoples bodies or lives, comparing ourselves to others, constantly trying to change the body, ignoring the symptoms or challenges we have or by putting a bandaid on them instead of looking for the root causes, by refusing to be aware or present.
Quality Of Food = Quality Of Life
- No matter what you eat, eating the highest quality version of that food will yield powerful results.
- When we take the time to nourish ourselves with high quality food, our lives begin to reflect that quality in the way we conduct ourselves, dress ourselves, the thoughts we think, and the way we treat ourselves and those around us.
- Quality supersedes any diet plan.
- one-on-one Nutrition Coaching in person or over Skype
- Group meetings or lunch and learns for corporations
- Speaking at private events or health and wellness seminars
- Customized meal planning for individuality of lifestyle
- Eating Psychology Coaching
- Mood and food, immunity and the diet, chronic dieting, binge eating, over eating, weight gain, fatigue, macronutrient balance, meal timing, stress and weight gain, desires, sexuality, spirituality, and the many aspects of our lives that directly effect the way we eat.
I want to thank everyone for your continued support and openness to what I talk about. I know it's not as the rest of the world teaches, but I think we can all agree that what we've been doing isn't working. It's time to truly think out of the box!